Antigua & Barbuda lies between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean and is considered as one of the most beautiful places on the planet Earth. The place has an abundant number of beaches and somewhere around 365 white sand coves along the coastline. Antigua is a place where one can see historical forts, bright colored villages & more. Antigua & Barbuda aims to improve its economy by letting in the foreign nationals who wish to settle in by investing in the economy through Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program.
What is Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program?
The Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program was started in the year 2013 aiming to improve the state’s economy by bringing in people from all over the world who wish to settle in the state by investing in the economy of the state. Applicants can choose between the available investing options as per his/her choice.
The Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program Process & Eligibilities: –
The candidate/applicant who wishes to immigrate to Antigua & Barbuda through the Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program should have at least completed 18 years of age. He/she can also apply for immigration together with his or her spouse, children and sometimes even parents or grandparents.
The application processing time may vary for each application owing to several factors. One important factor is the applicant’s potential to produce all necessary documents asked for the immigration process and several other factors directly or indirectly influencing the processing of the application.
The Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program process is as follows:
- The application will be prepared and pre-approved by CanApprove.
- The pre-approved application will then be submitted to the Government of Antigua & Barbuda.
- A period of 4 – 6 months is needed for the Government to process the application and due diligence checks.
- An approval in principle will be obtained.
- The candidate will then have to make an investment in a business or purchase real estate properties or make a donation to the NDF.
- Once the investment has been successfully done, Citizenship certificate will then be issued, followed by the Passport application and issuance for the same.
Investment Options Available When an Applicant Migrates Through the Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program: –
Contribution to the National Development Fund: –
The National Development Fund (NDF) is a fund which is subjected to parliamentary oversight and is completely a non-profit collection. The collected fund will also be looked over by an accounting firm which is internationally recognized.
If an applicant wants to acquire citizenship through this investment option, he/she should make a contribution of US$ 100,000 per application and it also should be a one-time payment. The applicant can also include spouse, children, parents over 65 years with no additional contribution required to make to the National Development Fund.
- For a single applicant and for a family of four or less, the contribution would be US$ 100,000 and the processing fee would be US$ 25,000.
- For a family of five or more, the contribution would be US$ 125,000 and the processing would be an additional US$15,000 for each independent.
The application forms required to go through the process can be obtained from an authorized agent licensed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU).
Investment by Buying Real Estate Properties: –
To qualify under this investment option, the applicant should make an investment in the government approved real estate valuing at least US$400,00 apart from the government processing fee and the due diligence fees.
The processing fee for a single applicant with a family of four would be US$50,000 and for a family of five, the processing fee would be an additional US$ 15,000 for each extra dependent.
On having executed a binding sale and purchase agreement, two or more applicants can apply for citizenship together, provided each application is willing to contribute a minimum investment of US$ 400,000.
Business Investment: –
An applicant who wishes to apply through Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program can also avail the business investment option. The two business investment options available for the applicants are:
- The candidate should willingly propose to make an investment in a business which is approved of at least US$ 1,500,000 on their own.
- A joint investment can be made by at least two persons totaling up to US$ 5,000,000 with each applicant investing up to US$ 400,000.
The processing fee would be US$ 50,000 for a single applicant and a family of four members, and an additional US$ 15,000 for every additional independent.
For more information on Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program, feel free to contact our team of experts.