Australia Spouse Visa
Australia offers numerous benefits to its citizens &its permanent residents. Among the huge number of benefits, Australia offers, allowing your family to migrate to Australia is one of the most important. Being an Australian Citizen or an Australian Permanent resident, you might be able to sponsor your family to migrate to Australia through visas like Australia Spouse Visa, Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa & more.
What is Australia Spouse Visa?
Australia Spouse Visa is for those individuals who have been married to a citizen of Australia or a permanent resident or a person who is eligible for New Zealand Citizenship. Australia Spouse Visa can also be obtained if you and your partner have been in a de facto relationship (Section 4AA) for at least a period of 12 months. You can also be sponsored by your spouse for a duration of two years and can apply for a permanent residence visa if your relationship is genuine.
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Spouse Visa: –
The applicant will be eligible to obtain an Australia Spouse Visa if he/she meets the following requirements:
- The applicant and her spouse should have vowed to share their life.
- The applicant’s relationship must be genuine and an ongoing one.
- The applicant and the spouse should have been in a relationship for the past 12 months and should provide sufficient proof for the same.
- The applicant and the spouse should be aged above 18.
- Qualifying health & character criteria are mandatory.
How to Apply for Spouse Visa Australia?
Applying for an Australia Spouse Visa requires certain procedures that should be carried out.
- The applicant can either be in Australia or overseas when he/she is applying for a Spouse Visa.
- Once the applicant receives an application, he/she will be issued an Extended Eligibility Temporary Visa.
- The Temporary Visa allows the applicant to stay in Australia for a period of 2 years.
- On completion of the two-year period, the applicant can apply for permanent visa status if your relationship still exists and is continuing.
Other Essential Information Regarding Australia Spouse Visa:-
The applicant can apply for permanent residency during circumstances that are unexpected.
- If the applicant’s spouse has expired during this period.
- If the applicant and the spouse have children aged under 18.
- If the applicant and the spouse have been legally separated, permanent residency can also be applied by carrying proper documents.
CanApprove has been doing Immigration Services for the past two decades, providing unforgettable customer experiences to clients to date. CanApprove can help you obtain an Australia Spouse visa without breaking you too much.
To know more about Australia Spouse Visa, get in touch with our team of experts.