Australia PR Point Calculator
- Australia is the most sought destination for skilled labor force. The immigration process of Australian government is crafted in a way that it targets migrants who possess outstanding skills and technical abilities which will contribute to the Australian economy and aids in growing the same.
- The eligibility criteria for skilled immigrants is determined by the SkillSelect system.
- A SkillSelect system is point based under which applicants are awarded points for criteria ranging from age to work experience.
- Applicants are required to score a minimum of 60 points for them to get a visa.
The below grids give you the detailed breakdown of points awarded under various criteria under Australia PR Point Calculator System.
English Language Requirements (IELTS/OET)
|Competent English (IELTS 6/OET C)||0 points|
|Adept English (IELTS 7/OET B)||10 points|
|Superior English (IELTS 8/OET A)||20 points|
|At least 3 but less than 5 years (of past 10 years)||5 points|
|At least 5 but less than 8 years (of past 10 years)||10 points|
|At least 8 years and up to 10 years||15 points|
|At least 1 but less than 3 years (of past 10 years)||5 points|
|At least 3 but less than 5 years (of past 10 years)||10 points|
|At least 5 but less than 8 years (of past 10 years)||15 points|
|At least 8 years and up to 10 years||20 points|
|Doctorate degree from any Australian educational institution or any other equivalent to it.||20 points|
|At least a bachelor’s degree inclusive of Masters/honors form an Australian university or any other equivalent to it.||15 points|
|Diploma and trade qualification completed in Australia or qualification or an award of recognized standards.||10 points|
|Australian diploma and trade qualification awarded by Australian educational institution and meet Australian study requirements||5 points|
|Credential community language qualifications||5 points|
|Study in regional Australia or Urban Area (excluding distance education)||5 points
|Partner skill qualifications||5 points|
|Professional year completion for a period of minimum 12 months in four years||5 points|
Sponsorships and Nominations
|State or territory government (only visa subclass 190)||5 points|
|Nomination by a state or Territory government or sponsorship by an eligible family member (only visa subclass 489)||10 points|
Other Essential Information
- The following are the visa sub classes and the required points to be scored under each category
- Skilled – Independent (subclass 189) – 60 points
- Skilled – Sponsored (subclass 190) – 60 points
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored (subclass 489) – 60 points
- Note that the maximum points an Australian skilled immigrant can score in the Australia PR Point Calculator System for any combination of overseas and Australian skilled employment is 20 points.