The Start-Up Visa Canada Program is for foreign national entrepreneurs who wish to immigrate to Canada. Entrepreneur immigration to Canada requires the candidate to open or purchase, and then actively manage, a qualifying business that positively contributes to the economy of Canada. Upon satisfying pre-determined conditions, Entrepreneur Visa holders can then become Canadian permanent residents and eventually citizens of the country.
Start-Up Visa Canada Requirements:
- Must submit a proposed business plan to one of the five government-approved business incubator and accelerator programs (BIAPs) for approval to obtain funding.
- Must provide proof of the BIAP recommendation
- Must obtain a written commitment from a government designated entity (Canadian Venture Capital Fund, Business Incubator, Angel Investor Group) in the form of a Commitment Certificate or Letter of Support confirming one of the following options:
- The investor’s qualifying business has been accepted into its business incubator program.
- Angel Investor Group confirms it is investing at least $75,000 in the investor’s proposed business.
- A Venture Capital Fund confirms it is investing at least $200,000 in the applicant’s business.
- Should have a business operating in Canada that meets the criteria of a qualifying business in which the investor owns at least 10% or more of the voting rights.
- Should have a suitable business background and sufficient unencumbered, available and transferable settlement funds to carry out an investment and settle in Canada.
- Should have completed at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English or French through standardized testing (Canadian Language Benchmark level 5).
- Must intend to reside in a province other than Quebec.
- Must complete medical and security requirements.
- Must provide evidence that the investor possesses sufficient funds to support his/her stay in Canada.
The British Columbia Entrepreneur Program and The Quebec Entrepreneur Program are two of the best Canadian Business Immigration programs available today.
The British Columbia Entrepreneur Program requires the entrepreneur:
- To open a qualifying new business in the province, or significantly expand an existing one.
- To have a personal net worth of at least $600,000 CAD.
- To make a minimum investment of $200,000 CAD.
- To create at least one new job through his/her business.
The Quebec Business Immigration Program requires the entrepreneur:
- To create or acquire a business in Quebec.
- To have a personal net worth of at least $300,000 CAD.
- To make a minimum investment of $100,000 CAD.
- To have at least two years of experience in operating a business.
The CanApprove team has been consistent in delivering reliable immigration and legal services for the past 19 years. We guarantee our client’s a hassle-free experience by being there to answer questions and provide solutions every step of the way.
The following services are provided by CanApprove to help start and grow your business in Canada:
- Investors Visa
- Entrepreneurs Class
- Business Class
- Start-Up Visa Canada Program
- Self-Employed Person Program
For more information, get in touch with our team of qualified consultants, skilled advisors and highly trained instructors.