Malta Citizenship Program
Malta is a member of the European Union (EU) since 2004 and the Schengen Zone since 2007. Malta is rich in history and a melting pot for cultures and civilizations. Malta has amicable relations with Mediterranean rim countries along with major countries that represent investment markets. Due to the bilateral agreements between Malta and other countries as well as Malta’s strong economic links; Malta makes for a great business location and financial centre. The Citizenship by Investment program in Malta has been approved by the EU since 2014.
Benefits of Malta Citizenship
- Having the right to live, work and study in any of the 28 countries within the EU; as well as Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- Visa-free travel to over 160 countries including EU, USA, UK and Canada.
- Being able to keep your previous nationality as Malta allows dual citizenship.
- Transferable citizenship to descendants which means, being able to pass down the citizenship to future generations.
- High standard of living, quality education in a safe, friendly and stable environment.
- The application process is efficient, and it takes only 4 months to process the citizenship.
- The fast-track residence cards are processed within 1-3 weeks.
- From the date of initial residency, the complete processing time to issue the passport is 12 months.
- Malta is highly ranked in international living indexes because of the quality of life, the climate, the value for money, safety and stability in the country.
- Maltese citizenship grants access to all investment opportunities in Malta and throughout the European Union.
To apply for Citizenship by Investment, the applicant must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have security clearance
- Have medical clearance
- Be covered by an international health insurance policy.
Malta’s Application Process
For the third consecutive year, Malta’s citizenship by investment program has been ranked the most attractive investment migration Programme according to the Henley Partners Global Residence and Citizenship Programme 2017–2018 report.
Malta Citizenship by Investment may be granted to affluent individuals of impeccable standing and repute based on their contribution and investment in Malta. The applicant is required invest as per the citizenship program requirements.
- Make an investment in property of minimum €350,000 [five-year contract] or enter a property rental contract for a minimum €16,000 per annum [five-year contract].
- Invest a minimum €150,000 in bonds or shares approved by the Government of Malta to be kept for at least five years. This investment is made in stocks sanctioned by the government.
To explore your Citizenship by Investment options and know more about requirements, contact our immigration lawyers today!