Dependent Visa for Canada

The Government of Canada is committed to keeping families together. The Dependent Visa for Canada through the Family Class scheme enables Canadian citizens and permanent residents of 18 years and older to sponsor their dependent children, parents, grandparents, spouse, common-law, and conjugal partners.

In order to sponsor a person through Dependent Visa for Canada, a sponsor needs to provide documents showing his/her finances from the past 12 months to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) so they can determine if the sponsor is able to financially support the members he/she is sponsoring.

Dependent Visa for Canada: Sponsorship Eligibility

Members of the family class can be sponsored for a Canadian Dependent Visa if they are:

  • Dependent children under 22 years of age, who do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner.
  • In order to be eligible for a Canadian Dependent Visa, the dependent child must be the biological child of the parent or the adopted child of the parent.
  • To be eligible for Dependent Visa for Canada, the dependent child must prove to be financially dependent on the parent.
  • The dependent child is unable to financially support him/herself due to a physical or mental condition. Children aged 22 and above and who have been depending on the financial support of their parents since  before the age of 22 are also considered dependent
  • To obtain a Canadian Dependent Visa, you will need to provide proof of your relationship to your dependent children.
  • In order to be eligible for Dependent Visa for Canada, children being sponsored will need to undergo a criminal and medical examination. Dependent children who have a criminal record or a contagious medical condition may be prevented from entering Canada.
  • The medical examination for the Dependent Visa for Canada must be done by a physician who is approved by the Canadian government.

Through Dependent Visa for Canada, you can sponsor:

  • A child you adopted outside of Canada while you were a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada.
  • A child you intend to adopt in Canada.
  • Your brother or sister, nephew or niece, grandson or granddaughter, if they are an orphan, under 18 years of age and do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner.
  • Any person who you have a family relationship with if you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, niece or nephew who is a Canadian citizen, a registered Indian, a permanent resident or whom you may sponsor.
  • Your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner.
  • Your parents or grandparents.
Dependent Visa for Canada: Permanent Residency

Two stages are involved in the process of children holding Dependent Visa for Canada obtaining permanent residence. In the first stage, the sponsor of the dependent visa for Canada must apply for the sponsorship of dependent children. The application will be processed by the Case Processing Centre (CPC) of Canada. Once the sponsorship is approved by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the dependent children holding Dependent Visa for Canada must apply for permanent residence.

Other Important Information About Canadian Dependent Visa: –

As of October 24, 2017, according to IRCC, principal applicants of Canadian Dependent Visa may include their children aged 21 and under, who are not married or in a common-law relationship, on their immigration application.

CanApprove has a team of qualified consultants, skilled advisors and highly trained instructors who deliver quality consultation services for immigration and foreign education. We have earned a reputation by consistently offering trustworthy immigration services and assistance to study abroad for the past 20 years. This has earned us thousands of happy clients in our branches located in various parts of the world.

CanApprove is committed to make immigration a hassle-free affair for our clients. We provide a wide range of legal services internationally, including immigration, education and legal consultation. We offer the best immigration advice and services to our clients and equip them with up-to-date and relevant information regarding various aspects of the whole immigration process so that they can make informed decisions.

For more information on Dependent Visa for Canada, please contact us 

Send Us an Enquiry

Latest News

  • 23-Sep

    345 candidates receive invitations in September 17 PEI PNP draw

    In the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) draw held on September 17, a total of 345 economic…

  • 22-Sep

    Australian citizenship test to include queries about Australian values

    The Australian government has decided to revamp the citizenship test for the first time in over a decade and the…

  • 21-Sep

    Immigrants boost productivity for Canadian businesses: Study

    A study by Statistics Canada has found a positive association between the number of immigrant workers in a business organization…

  • 18-Sep

    621 tech workers invited in Saskatchewan PNP draw

    In the Saskatchewan PNP draw held on September 15, a total of 621 candidates received invitations to apply for provincial…

  • 17-Sep

    4200 candidates invited in second consecutive all-program Express Entry draw

    In the 163rd Express Entry draw held on September 16, Canada invited 4200 candidates to apply for permanent residence in…

  • Recent Blogs

    Don’t miss a single immigration update!

    Our immigration consultants are at work to provide you with regular and authentic updates on immigration news, entry cut-off scores, entry draw results, etc., Wait no further and enter your E-mail ID to subscribe to our newsletter for free!

    Subscribe to Our Newsletter

    Follow Us