Permanent Residency by Investment
What is A Permanent Residency?
Permanent Residency by Investment is nothing but a visa status that allows the holder of the Permanent Resident Visa to reside legally inside the country though he/she is not a citizen of that particular country. A permanent resident can live, work, study & gain access to health care in the country he/she lives. One disadvantage of being a Permanent Resident is, he/she cannot vote or participate in politics which only a citizen of that country can do.
Every single country has proposed some requirements if a person wants to become a Permanent Resident of that country. In order to become a permanent resident, he/she should be able to meet the proposed requirements. Some examples of the basic requirements every country expects are having a certain period of work experience in the country, the language they speak & the studies they have pursued. Investment serves as another optimal solution to gain permanent residency. Gaining a permanent resident visa can also pave the way to obtain citizenship after living in the country for a certain period.
What is A Permanent Residency by Investment?
Obtaining a permanent residency visa by showing interest & the willingness to invest in the economy of that particular country is called a Permanent Residency by Investment. A permanent resident application is given a higher consideration when it comes through this method.
Rights You Can Enjoy Being A Permanent Resident: –
Being a resident of the country, you can exercise the following rights:
- The right to live, work & study in the country without any restrictions imposed.
- The right to retain your foreign passport & hold international travel documents.
- The right to leave & re-enter your resident country. But you should note that you may be denied re-entry if you fail to comply or fulfill any of the conditions that come along with the Permanent Residency by Investment program.
- The privilege to access more job opportunities. But certain jobs do require a security clearance which only the Green Card Holders & US citizens can have.
- Permanent Residency by Investment grants you the right to become a citizen once you have completed the requirements to become a citizen.
Important Note: –
- Though being a permanent resident gives you the privilege to exercise certain rights, there are certain things you should be careful with if you do not want to lose your permanent resident status.
- Being a permanent resident, you must fulfill your stay requirements, else you tend to lose your permanent resident status.
- You need to be free from convictions to be a permanent resident. You could lose your PR status during any such occurrence.
To know more about Permanent Residency by Investment, get in touch with our team of experts.
Send Us an Enquiry
The Quebec manufacturing industry is currently facing a chronic shortage of nearly 20000 workers, say the representatives of the industry.…
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program(OINP) issued 667 invitations to Express Entry candidates belonging to the Skilled Trades Stream in the…
Canada invited 3200 candidates to apply for permanent residence in the latest Express Entry draw held on December 11. The…
In the latest Manitoba PNP draw held on December 6, the province invited 221 immigration candidates to apply for a…
Time is ripe to fasten your entry into Canada with revised admission targets for Express Entry & Canada’s Provincial Nominee…