The Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) is a Canada immigration pathway for foreign nationals working in Canada and international graduates who have studied in a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta. This migration stream especially targets international students who are working in Canada on a Post-Graduation Work Permit after completing their education. The international graduates with education qualifications and skills aligned with the labour market needs of Alberta can make use of the Opportunity stream.
To be eligible to apply for provincial nomination through the Alberta Opportunity Stream, the international students must have at least six months of work experience in Alberta. This work experience must be in an occupation related to their field of study. Besides, they must also meet the minimum language and income requirements.
The major requirements for candidates under Alberta Opportunity Stream are:
- Temporary resident status in Canada
- A valid work permit
- Language proficiency in English/French equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4(Candidates applying under NOC code 3413 (Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates) must have a minimum of CLB 7)
- Canadian high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 months of full-time work experience in Alberta within the last 18 months; or minimum 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada and/or outside Canada within the last 30 months
- A continuous, paid, full time job offer from an employer in Alberta