The Critical Impact Worker Stream of Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) aims to help employers to address critical labour shortages by allowing them to recruit foreign workers for positions which cannot be filled by local or Canadian residents. The stream specifically targets workers in semi-skilled and unskilled occupations (National Occupational Classification Skill Levels C and D). To be eligible to apply under this stream, the candidate must have worked in the same position with the same employer for at least six months, complying with their temporary foreign work permit.
Requirements for candidates
- Legal status to work in Canada and hold a valid work permit, if currently residing in Canada
- Be in compliance with their temporary foreign work permit
- Intend to reside in Northwest Territories permanently
- Possess required certification or accreditation for their occupation
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if the candidate has completed their studies outside Canada.
- Working for the nominating employer for at least six months before submitting the application. The job must be a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level C or D occupation
- Meet the applicable certification, licensing, or registration requirements for the job offered
- Demonstrate proficiency in English/French equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 across all four competencies listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Demonstrate sufficient settlement funds to establish themselves in Northwest Territories and support their family members. The minimum requirement is $10,000 for the principal applicant, and an additional $2,000 for each accompanying dependent.
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate(s) and passport(s) for dependent(s)
- Results of one of the three approved language tests:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) — General Training;
- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General); or
- The Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) (to test proficiency in French).
The candidate must have taken the test within two years prior to submitting the application.
- Certified bank statements or an official letter issued by a bank as a proof of settlement funds
Employer Driven streams
The Employer Driven streams of Northwest Territories Nomination Program(NTNP) are for eligible foreign workers with a job offer from a Northwest Territories employer. In order to be eligible, both the foreign worker and the prospective employer must meet certain specific requirements. The Employer Driver streams under NTNP are:
- Northwest Territories Critical Impact Workers
- Northwest Territories Skilled Workers
- Northwest Territories Express Entry
Choose the best immigration pathway that suits your skills and aspirations with the guidance of expert immigration consultants of CanApprove! Contact us for more information.