The Skilled Worker Stream is one of the three streams under the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)’s Employer Driven Immigration Program. Foreign nationals who have received a job offer from an NWT employer for a skilled position (National Occupational Classification Skill Levels 0, A, or B) can apply for a provincial nomination through the Skilled Worker stream.
- Intend to reside permanently in the Northwest Territories
- Legal status to work in Canada on a valid work permit if they are residing in Canada at the time of application
- A valid full-time permanent job offer for an occupation classified under NOC Skill Level 0, A, or B
- Required certification or accreditation for the occupation
- Formal education and training, certification, licensing or registration for the job offered, if applicable
- The candidate must have applied for the job position offered to him/her in response to the local or national job advertisement.
- Meet minimum language requirements. Candidates with occupations classified under NOC 0 or A must demonstrate a language proficiency level equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 6 in English or French across all the four abilities: listening, speaking, reading and writing. For NOC B occupations, the required level of language proficiency is equal to CLB 5. The language proficiency of the candidate can be demonstrated with the results of any of the following approved language tests:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) — General Training;
- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General); or
- The Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) (to test proficiency in French).
The test results will be valid for only two years since the date of taking the tests.
- Valid work permit
- Passport (biographical page only)
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate or declaration of common-law union; and
- Birth certificate(s) and passport(s) for dependent(s)
Employer Driven streams
The Employer Driven streams of Northwest Territories Nomination Program(NTNP) are for eligible foreign workers with a job offer from a Northwest Territories employer. In order to be eligible, both the foreign worker and the prospective employer must meet certain specific requirements. The Employer Driver streams under NTNP are:
- Northwest Territories Critical Impact Workers
- Northwest Territories Skilled Workers
- Northwest Territories Express Entry
Choose the best immigration pathway that suits your skills and aspirations with the guidance of expert immigration consultants of CanApprove! Contact us for more information.