The Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) allows foreign workers working in Quebec and international students completing a post-secondary education program in Quebec to settle in the province permanently. The program has a simple, fast-track process and temporary foreign workers and international students can apply under the program after completing a certain period of qualified work or an approved study program.
Quebec Experience Program for international students
- To be eligible to apply under the program, international students must have completed a full-time study program in Quebec. The study program may be:
- A Diploma of Vocational Studies involving 1800 hours of study
- A Diploma of Vocational Studies followed by an Attestation of Vocational Specialization, totaling 1800 hours of study
- Diploma of College Studies, technical training
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree (and MBA); or
- The diploma or degree must be granted by a university or public education institution based in Quebec, recognized by the Quebec government.
- The student must also have lived in Quebec for at least half of the duration of the study program
- The student must demonstrate knowledge of oral French equal to intermediate-advanced level. The French language proficiency can be proved if:
- The student has completed the study program in French
- The student has studied in French a full-time study program for at least three years at secondary or post-secondary level.
Quebec Experience Program for Temporary workers
Temporary foreign workers residing in Quebec can apply for CSQ under the program. The applicant must have been working full-time in a paid position for at least 12 months. However, it is not necessary that this 12-month time period is continuous. It can be accumulated with more than one employer. But work experience acquired as self-employed, business owner or through part-time work is not eligible under the program.
The temporary foreign worker must be employed full-time and by complying with the visa conditions at the time of submitting the application. They also possess intermediate-level knowledge of oral French.
Quebec Experience Class does not have a point-based selection system. The applications are assessed on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. If the application is accepted, the candidate would receive a CSQ within 20 days. With CSQ, the candidate can apply for permanent residence in Canada.
The spouse of a temporary foreign worker or student, who have been working in Quebec on an open work permit, is also eligible to apply under the program, if they meet all other requirements.
Quebec offers great career opportunities and high quality living for eligible candidates. Contact us to explore your options to migrate to Quebec.