Northwest Territories Express Entry stream is one of the three Employer Driven Streams under the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP). It allows Northwest Territories to nominate immigration candidates with the skills and qualifications needed to meet the labour market demands, for permanent residence in Canada.
As the stream is aligned to the federal Express Entry system, the candidate must have an Express Entry profile and be eligible for one the three federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades
- Canadian Experience Class
These programs require the candidates to have a certain level of language proficiency and enough funds to support themselves and their family once they arrive in Canada. Candidates eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker Program need to submit the results of an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) as well.
Requirements for candidates
- Be eligible for one of the three economic immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, or Canadian Experience Class
- Meet the criteria for the Skilled Worker Stream of NTNP Employer Driven Program
- Acceptance letter issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for Express Entry pool
- Demonstrate intend to permanently reside in Northwest Territories.
- Work experience in an occupation classified under National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Level 0, A, or B
- Legal status to work in Canada or hold a valid work permit
- Required accreditation or certification for the occupation
- Formal education and training, certification, licensing or registration, if applicable for the occupation. Those who have studied outside Canada must also submit Educational Credential Assessment results
- Sufficient level of language proficiency. If the occupation belongs to NOC skill level O or A, the candidate must have proficiency in English or French equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 6. For NOC B level occupations, the required level of language proficiency is equal to CLB 5 in all the four abilities: listening, speaking, reading and writing. As a proof of language proficiency, the candidates can submit the results of any of the following approved language tests:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) — General Training;
- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General); or
- The Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) (to test proficiency in French).
Requirements for employers
- Be a registered business, industry association, or local/municipal/First Nation or Territorial Government in the Northwest Territories
- Good standing with the Workers’ Safety and Compensation Commission and Employment Standards office of Northwest Territories. If the employer is subject to the Employment Standards Act of Northwest Territories, they must produce additional documentation and comply with guidelines set out by the NWT Provincial Nominee Program.
- The business must have been registered and in operation for at least one year on a full-time basis, before submitting the application
- The job offer issued to the foreign national must be for a permanent, full-time position
- The employment contract issued to the foreign worker must be consistent with the Territories’ Employment Standards Act
- Submit a positive LMIA or a proof of job advertisement for the position
- If nominating a foreign worker without an LMIA, the employer has to provide proof of local, national or industry (optional) advertising and the summary of advertising results
Employer Driven streams
The Employer Driven streams of Northwest Territories Nomination Program(NTNP) are for eligible foreign workers with a job offer from a Northwest Territories employer. In order to be eligible, both the foreign worker and the prospective employer must meet certain specific requirements. The Employer Driver streams under NTNP are:
- Northwest Territories Critical Impact Workers
- Northwest Territories Skilled Workers
- Northwest Territories Express Entry
Choose the best immigration pathway that suits your skills and aspirations with the guidance of expert immigration consultants of CanApprove! Contact us for more information.