There are a number of scholarships offered to international students in Singapore Universities. International students are eligible to apply for tuition grants with the Singaporean Ministry of Education. Singapore spends up to 20% of its Annual National Budget on Education. International students can apply for a tuition grant after having been offered a place on a course. Tuition grants cover most of the costs of the tuition fees. Most of the University scholarships are awarded to students with excel academically and demonstrate outstanding Co-Curricular Activities track records. Scholarships are offered by universities, government bodies, and other agencies.
Scholarship offered by various government bodies and other agencies.
- Benjamin A Gilman International Scholarships: Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships are awarded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the Federal Government. About 700 scholarships of up to $5000 are awarded every year to students based on academic talent and financial need. The students should be pursuing a 2 years course to avail this scholarship.
- David L. Boren Scholarship: David L. Boren Scholarship is awarded by the US Department of Homeland Security and supports international studies in countries critical to national security, including Singapore. These scholarships are highly competitive and amount to up to $ 20,000 a year. In order to be eligible for this scholarship program, applicant must be enrolled in for study programme in Singapore.
- Singapore Millennium Foundation Scholarship: This is a private Singapore-based organization offering scholarships to postgraduate and post-doctoral students engaged in the field of research. The foundation offers scholarship to students based on their academic record as well as their research work. Scholarships amount up to $60,000 per year for post-doctoral researchers.
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship: Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships are offered to outstanding international students who wish to study in Singapore. Eligible candidate should have an excellent academic record in their respective field and international pursuit.
- Singapore International Graduate Award: SINGA is an award given to international students, pursuing research leading to a doctorate (Ph.D.) in Science and Engineering at a Singapore University. Selection is based on the student’s excellent academic undergraduate and/or master’s results. The award provides financial support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including full tuition fees, monthly stipend, settlement allowance, and airfare grant.
- Nanyang Technical University’s flagship scholarship: This scholarship programme is awarded to outstanding fresher students pursuing undergraduate programmes. Nanyang Scholarship recognizes students who excel academically, demonstrate strong leadership potential, and possess outstanding Co-Curricular Activities track records.
- NUS Graduate Student Fellowships for Asians: These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or Ph.D. degrees and working in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics, and will allow the recipients to be based at NUS for an ‘in residence fellowship’ for a period of three months. Successful candidates will be getting a regular monthly allowance of SGD 1000, Housing allowance of SGD 250 and another SGD 250 for travel and miscellaneous expenses.
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Integrative Sciences and Engineering at NUS Graduate School: The Commonwealth Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high caliber Ph.D. research in Integrative Sciences and Engineering. The scholarship includes a monthly stipend up to 4 years of the Ph.D. studies, full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years and other allowances including computer allowance, book allowance, and conference allowance.
Singapore Universities offer scholarships for management graduates and are designed to train more diverse leaders in business and international affairs.
- INSEAD-Syngenta MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Leaders: Syngenta is a world-leading agribusiness committed to sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology. Syngenta is particularly committed to the dynamic emerging market regions and has therefore chosen to offer this scholarship opportunity to international students from developing countries pursuing Masters in Business Administration. Two scholarships will be awarded per class and the scholarship value is €22,500
- Nanyang Technological University Early Submission Scholarship: This is a merit-based scholarship available for students who have enviable academic track record pursuing full-time MBA study at NTU.