- Living and studying in European countries is quite expensive. However, countries like Sweden provide you with various scholarships.
- The Government of Sweden has introduced a new law that charges tuition and application fees for international students (from non-EU/EEA countries). The public funded universities in Sweden have low tuition fee compared to other English-speaking study destinations.
- Apart from universities government also offers various scholarships to aid the students financially during their studies.
Types of Swedish Scholarships
Government funded Swedish scholarships
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships: targeted at highly qualified students and are awarded for full time master’s level studies in Sweden which cover both tuition fee and living costs.
- The Visby Programme Scholarships: provides several scholarships programmes to students from the countries Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine which covers tuition fee, living expenses of SEK 9,000 per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 5,000.
University specific Scholarships
The following are the popular university specific Swedish scholarships
- Blenkinge Institute of Technology Scholarship Programme
- University of Borås Tuition Fee Waivers
- Chalmers IPOET Scholarships
- The University of Gothenburg Study Scholarship
- Halmstad University Scholarships
- Karlstad University Global Scholarship Progamme
- Karolinska Institutet Global Master’s Scholarship
- Kristianstad University Scholarships
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology Tuition Fee Waivers
- Linnaeus University Scholarships
- Linköping International Scholarships
- Lund University Global Scholarship Programme
- Mälardalen University Scholarships
- Malmö University Master’s Scholarship
- Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarships
- Örebro University Scholarship Programme
- Skovde University Scholarships
- Stockholm University Scholarship Scheme
- Umea University Scholarships
- Uppsala IPK Scholarships
Scholarship competition in Sweden
- Swedish universities sponsor global scholarships competitions.
- Apart from government agencies and private universities other associations, foundations and other organizations offer scholarships and travel grants for international students in Sweden.
Other Essential Information
Scholarship programs in Swedish Universities are aimed at supporting international students with significant academic potential from countries outside the European Union who are required to pay tuition fees for studies. Most of the Universities offer scholarship which covers full tuition fee and few of them offers funding to cover living expenses too.
Consult us today to check your eligibility for scholarship in Swedish Universities.