Student Visa to New Zealand

Visa Types:

There are 6 types of VISA for entering into New Zealand.

It Includes

  • Visit
  • Work
  • Study
  • Join Family
  • Business and investment
  • Residence

Visitor Visa:

You can come to New Zealand as a visitor, While you stay, you will need sufficient money to support yourself and everyone included in your application.

While you are here, you can very well enjoy New Zealand’s scenary, adventure, culture and friendly people.


  • The duration of this visa depends on you plans upto 9 months
  • With this visa you can visit friends and family, explore new Zealand or enjoy amateur sports, or adventure activity.
  • Study upto 3 months
  • Includes your partner and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.

It is very faster and easier to apply for a visitor visa through online if you eligible.

Eligible to Apply Online:

  • Applying through online is often very fast and less expensive that applying manually. You will need to be applying for a visa available online, you must have a credit card ready and your documents saved electronically.
  • Most work, student and visitor visas can be applied for online. If you apply online, you may be eligible for an eVisa and may not need to send your passport.
  • If you apply online,any supporting evidence like a copy of your passport will need to be available in an electronic file.

Visiting apply Strategies:

You should apply online for a visitor visa ,you must

  • apply as an individual.
  • have access to Visa or MasterCard or are Waived from paying the fee.
  • You must use a paper application form if you’re applying:
  • With your partner or family
  • Based on your partnership with a New Zealand or another visa holder
  • as a group(including Chinese ADS groups)
  • as the guardian of a student
  • under the temporary Retirement category
  • On humanitarian grounds
  • to change the conditions of your existing visa
  • or if you don’t have access to a Visa or Master Card.

Study Visa:

Fee Paying Student Visa ( Duration Upto 4 Years)

  • With this visa, the candidate can study full-time at the course stated on your visa .It includes schools, tertiary(study after secondary school) and English language study.
  • Work part-time upto 20 hours a week while studying or full-time in the holidays, depending on your condition of visa.
  • Above a certain age, if you are living by yourself, otherwise you’ll need to come with your parent or legal guardian

Pathway Student Visa ( Duration Upto 5 Years)

  • Using this visa, the student can study up to 3 courses,one after the other on a single student visa.
  • Can work part-time up to 20 hours a week while studying and full-time in the holidays, depends on your course of study.

Exchange Student Visa ( Upto 4 Years Depending On the length of your exchange)

  • Study full time in New Zealand and in a School-to- school exchange, an exchange programme organisation scheme or a tertiary exchange.
  • While studying you can work part-time up to 20 hours a week or full- time in the holidays, depending on your age and how long your study is for.

New Zealand Aid Student Visa(Study Duration Upto 4 Years)

  • As states on your visa, opt to study full- time- this includes schools, tertiary(Study after secondary school) and English language study.
  • This offers part-time up to 20 hours a week while studying and full-time in the holidays, depending on your New Zealand Aid Programme scheme.

Foreign Government Supported Student Visa

  • It has the same policy as the Fee-Paying Student Visa process.