The United States of America also known as the United States, comprises of 50 states in total, a federal district & five self-governing territories. Being a superpower among the nations and the third most populated country, the United States of America has within it a lot of immigrant programs and one among them is the US EB-5 Permanent Residency Program.
What is a US EB-5 Permanent Residency Program?
The Employment Based-Fifth Preference Visa or the EB-5 Visa was brought into action during 1990’s to create job opportunities for U.S workers and simultaneously improve the U.S economy with the help of foreign investment. People who invest through the EB-5 Permanent Residency Program get to enjoy a lot of benefits and one important benefit of all is, you get to obtain a Green Card.
What is A Regional Centre?
An EB-5 Regional Centre is nothing but a service agent that looks forward to completing a project for investors & the companies under the EB-5 program. Designated by the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services), a Regional Centre is involved with the promotion of the economic growth of the country.
Eligibilities for Investing in A US EB-5 Regional Centre: –
- The investing candidate should invest the required sum of $500,000 and nothing less than that.
- Regional Centres have an Administration Fee averaged about $50,000.
- The Regional Centre should be able to create a minimum of 10 direct or indirect jobs.
- Getting in touch with the right Regional Centre can be critical at times, which is why you are encouraged to seek professional advice from financial brokerages.
Benefits of Choosing to Invest in A Regional Centre: –
- The person who invests in a Regional Centre can live anywhere in the United States
- The person who invests should not have to worry about the job creation process because it becomes the responsibility of the Regional Centre.
- The investor need not have to play a constant role in the Regional Centre. He/she can carry on with whatever work they want to do.
- The person who has invested in a Regional Centre does not have to worry about the day-to-day operation of the project.
A lot of people who decide to immigrate to U.S.A through the US EB-5 Permanent Residency Program, prefer to go via Regional Centres considering the benefits it offers to its investors. Once the Investor’s petition has been approved by the USCIS, he/she will be provided a conditional Green Card (permanent residency) for a two-year period.
The investor should apply three months prior to the expiration of the Green Card to remove its conditions. On approval, USCIS will remove the conditions imposed on the residency card of the investor & their family.
To know more about US EB-5 Permanent Residency Program, get in touch with our team of experts.