International students are given a warm welcome by UK government and thousands of international students successfully receive a student visa provided they meet UK student visa/UK study visa requirements to pursue an education in the United Kingdom. The following is a guideline for the students who wish to apply for UK Student Visa along with the UK student visa requirements.
UK student visa system:
- A facile point based system is followed for a student visa
- You must fulfill and achieve series of criteria to claim enough points which is one of the UK students visa requirements.
- You are supposed to apply for UK student visa in a ‘Tier 4 student visa’
- You can live and study in the UK for the duration of your Master’s degree under this visa
- You must claim a minimum of 40 points to qualify for ‘Tier 4 student visa’ (30 points for a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) and 10 points for 10 points for demonstrating you have the required funds to support yourself in the UK.
Who needs a visa to study in UK?
- Students from the European Union and European Economic Area can study in Britain without a Visa.
- All Other international students are required to apply for UK study Visa
- To sponsor a visa to you your institution must have Tier 4 Sponsor status.
- You are allowed for multiple entries into the country under this visa category.
Who Can Sponsor Student visas?
- For a master’s degree, you must be ‘sponsored’ by a recognized higher educational institution
- Provider Universities must issue students with Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) and confirm their sponsorship.
- University must confirm that you will be studying a genuine postgraduate course and follow immigration rules.
- These kinds of universities hold Tier 4 Sponsor status.
- Public universities in the UK have Tier 4 Sponsor status, as do some private providers.
- View a complete register of Tier 4 Sponsors on the UK government website.
How Can You Apply for a Visa for UK Master’s Degree?
Follow below points while applying for UK student visa (the uk tier 4 visa checklist)
- First, be accepted to an eligible Masters course and get a CAS by your university.
- Apply to your desired university as a normal candidate to receive CAS,
- Once you have the unconditional offer to study at your chosen university you can request a CAS statement from them.
- You must submit official confirmation of your academic qualifications, including transcripts of course content and degree results to receive CAS statement.
- Apply for tier 4 visa once your CAS statement is ready
- Tier 4 uk student visa fee £328 which are non-refundable.
- Apply for UK student visa, three months before your Masters begins.
What are the UK student visa requirements financially?
- Be self-sufficient and prove that you can independently support yourself during your Masters.
- Do not rely on public funds and benefits.
- Work part-time as an international postgraduate student for support, but do not rely completely on these.
- Possess sufficient funding for your stay in UK for studies.
- Students must at least possess £1,265 per calendar month. This is a total of £11,385 over nine months.
- Students anywhere else in the UK must have access to at least £1,015 per calendar month. This is a total of £9,135 over nine months.
Duration of stay in UK?
- You are entitled to live in UK for the duration of your Master’s degree and 4 months after your course completion
- Use this extra time to look for work or apply for further study.
Am I able to work whilst in UK?
- Yes, you can work while pursuing your Master’s in UK.
- Do not rely entirely on this income to support your entire study duration.
- Possess sufficient fund before arriving for your course
- Some restrictions imposed while working part-time include:
- Work up to 20 hours per week part-time during term time.
- Work full-time during academic holidays.
- Cannot work in fields: professional sports and entertainment.
Canapprove’s expert team supports candidates in each stage of application and ensures you meet UK student visa requirements. From visa submission and pre-departure to filling tier 4 application form etc. Call us now for an expert counseling and check your eligibility for UK study visa.