UK Student Visa and Entry Requirements
International students are given a warm welcome by the UK government and thousands of international students successfully receive a student visa provided they meet UK student visa or study visa requirements to pursue an education in the United Kingdom. The following is a guideline for the students who wish to apply for UK student visa detailing on the UK student visa requirements.
UK student visa system
- A facile point-based system is followed for getting a UK student visa or study visa.
- You must fulfil and achieve a series of criteria to claim enough points for UK student visa
- You are supposed to apply for UK student visa in a ‘Tier 4 student visa’
- You can live and study in the UK for the duration of your Master’s degree under the UK student visa or study visa.
- You must claim a minimum of 40 points to qualify for ‘Tier 4 UK student visa’ (30 points for a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) and 10 points for demonstrating you have the required funds to support yourself in the UK.
Who requires to apply for a UK student visa?
- Students from the European Union and European Economic Area can study in Britain without a UK student visa.
- Other international students are required to apply for UK student visa or study visa.
- To sponsor a UK student visa or study visa to you your institution must have Tier 4 Sponsor status.
- You are allowed for multiple entries into the country under the UK student visa category.
Who Can Sponsor a UK Student visa?
For a master’s degree, you must be ‘sponsored’ by a recognized higher educational institution to be eligible for the UK student visa or study visa.
The provider University must issue students with Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) and confirm their sponsorship. University must confirm that you will be studying a genuine postgraduate course and follow immigration rules. Usually, these kinds of universities hold a Tier 4 Sponsor status.
Public universities in the UK have Tier 4 Sponsor status, as do some private providers. View a complete register of Tier 4 Sponsors before applying for UK student visa on the UK government website.
How Can You Apply for UK student visa for your Master’s Degree?
Follow below points while applying for UK student visa (the UK tier 4 visa checklist)
- First, be accepted to an eligible Masters course and get a CAS by your university.
- Apply to your desired university as a normal candidate to receive CAS,
- Once you have the unconditional offer to study at your chosen university you can request a CAS statement from them.
- You must submit official confirmation of your academic qualifications, including transcripts of course content and degree results to receive CAS statement.
- Apply for tier 4 visa once your CAS statement is ready
- Tier 4 UK student visa or study visa fee £328 which are non-refundable.
- Apply for UK student visa or study visa, three months before your Masters begins.
What are financial requirements under UK student visa?
- Be self-sufficient and prove that you can independently support yourself during your Masters under the UK student visa.
- Do not rely on public funds and benefits.
- Work part-time as an international postgraduate student for support, but do not rely completely on these.
- Possess sufficient funding for your stay in the UK under UK student visa or study visa.
- Students must at least possess £1,265 per calendar month. This is a total of £11,385 over nine months.
- Students anywhere else in the UK must have access to at least £1,015 per calendar month. This is a total of £9,135 over nine months.
Duration of stay under UK student visa:
You are entitled to live in the UK for the duration of your Master’s degree and 4 months after your course completion. Use this extra time to look for work or apply for further study.
Am I eligible to work whilst under UK student visa?
- Yes, you can work while pursuing your Master’s in UK.
- Do not rely entirely on this income to support your entire study duration.
- Possess sufficient fund before arriving for your course
- Some restrictions imposed while working part-time include:
- Work up to 20 hours per week part-time during term time under UK student visa or study visa.
- Work full-time during academic holidays.
- Cannot work in fields such as professional sports and entertainment.
Canapprove’s expert team supports candidates in each stage of the application and ensures you meet UK student visa requirements. From visa submission and pre-departure to filling tier 4 application form etc. Call us now for an expert counselling and check your eligibility for UK student visa or study visa.
Send Us an Enquiry
University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) in Canada has started accepting applications for Jan 2020,…
The Canada government is working with the universities and colleges in the country to attract…
As per the new service standard introduced by Canada immigration authorities, candidates who have applied…
Studying abroad has become the most preferred option for students from India who look forward…
New Zealand has come up with its first ever Excellence Awards Undergraduate Scholarship package for…