Work after Study
Singapore is also the financial hub of Asia, offering very lucrative job opportunities due to the high quality of education in Singapore. Singapore is a global education center offering a distinctive and diverse mix of educational services in a comfortable and cosmopolitan environment. The main reasons for international students to choose a study and work in Singapore is, the country ranked no.1 in the ease of doing business and is a center of global talent with many multinational companies setting up offices and foreign institutions starting campuses in Singapore. Work after study in Singapore is much comfortable for international students because of the country’s peaceful, stable and cooperative social and political environment. Singapore is well known as the financial center of Asia and is the best place for fresh management graduates to explore job opportunities. Big MNC’s like Unilever, IBM, Louis Vuitton, and General Motors, all have their headquarters in Singapore. The NUS and NTU rank top in QS world rankings for Employer Reputation category.
Start to work in Singapore
International students looking to pursue work after study in Singapore requires a valid pass in order to join the Singapore workforce. There are two work pass categories to work after study in Singapore for international students, Professionals and Skilled workers.
Under Professionals category, students can apply for 2 types of work pass that is Employment Pass and Personalized Employment Pass.
- Employment Pass: One of the most popular options for international students to work after study in Singapore. The employment pass is open to students of all nationalities and reserved for eligible candidates only. Application for an employment pass is processed based on merit, with due consideration being given to elements like global and country rankings, and enrollment standards. To be eligible for the employment pass, the candidate must:
– Have a job offer from an institution in Singapore.
– Should work in a managerial or executive level or specialized job.
– Earn a minimum salary of $3,300.
– Must showcase good academic achievements.
- Personalized Employment Pass (PEP): This is an advanced version of the employment pass with greater job flexibility. Additionally, the eligibility criteria for the pass makes it amply clear to work after study in Singapore using this pass; you must be an existing employment pass holder with a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000.
- Benefits of PEP:
Allows graduates to take up employment in almost all sectors
Pass holders need not have to re-apply for a new pass in the event of a job change.
Candidates are allowed to stay in Singapore for a period of up to 6 months at a stretch without a job and search for new employment.
There is another working pass in Singapore for international students where they can go to pursue work after study in Singapore.
Skilled work Pass:
S Pass is open to all nationalities. To be eligible for this pass, candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month. The pass is suited for mid-level jobs, like technicians.