Canada Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
Canada is known for its work process and innovative ways it comes up with to help the growth of the economy. Canada knows what it needs and all its growth is a result of the skilled workers and the efforts they have put in for the past few years. As a result, Canada seeks skilled people from all over the world who have the potential and the capability to contribute to the growth of the Canadian Economy. One such innovative way that Canada has come up with is the Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program.
What is A Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program?
Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program has been introduced especially for people who have the skills & the experience that the country needs. Applicants will be selected based on their experience & their skills and other certain requirements to work in Canada. The latest update being, applicants who apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program will be selected through the Express Entry system which follows IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) the guidelines. Applicants who possess the highest scores in the Express Entry pool are directly sent an invitation to apply (ITA) from Canada.
Who Can Apply for Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program?
Before applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, an applicant should make sure whether he/she meets the following requirements:
- The applying candidate must possess a full-time permanent job offer which is offered by a Canadian employer or the candidate should have enrolled himself/herself into a Canadian Ph.D. program or should be a Ph.D. graduate from a University in Canada within the past 12 months.
- The candidate should have a minimum of a one-year experience in a full-time work or an equivalent time serving in a part-time job. The experience gained must come under guidelines set by the Canadian National Occupation Classification (NOC). The NOC classifies the skill type as:
-Type 0 (Managerial Occupation)
-Type A (Professional Occupation)
-Type B (Technical Occupations & Skilled Trades)
- The applicant must be able to prove his proficiency in any one of Canada’s two official languages. It would be either English and/or French.
- In order to qualify for Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program, an applicant must obtain a minimum of 67 out of 100 points. This is the minimum eligibility point one should have in order to migrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. If an applicant fails to obtain the minimum point, he/she can very well opt for other visa programs.
Once the candidate gets through with the above mentioned standard procedures, the candidate should show proof that he/she is able enough to take care of themselves and any other dependents who come along with them. The final procedures include a medical examination and obtaining a security clearance by both, the candidate and dependent coming along with him/her (if any).
Benefits of Applying for Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program: –
- On obtaining a Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program Visa, there would be no boundaries or restrictions imposed on FSW candidate. He/she would be free to work anywhere & anytime as he/she pleases.
- When the candidate has completed 3 years of stay as a Federal Skilled Worker, he/she will be eligible to apply for Canadian Citizenship.
3. Once the applicant becomes eligible for a Federal Skilled Worker Program, he/she gets access to benefits like Healthcare & Education subsidies.
- A Canadian Federal Skilled Worker gets access to all Canadian working sectors and the benefits like pensions and claims without any restrictions.
Canada is a country which serves as an excellent example which demonstrates how a country should carry things out and its economy which is developing at a tremendous rate stands as a proof for that. Stats say that every single year, the number of immigrants who come through Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program is on the rise. The Federal Skilled Worker Program helps Canada to bring in skilled workers from all parts of the world, thereby creating a win-win situation both for the immigrants & the country.
Planning to immigrate to Canada through the Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program? Contact us so that we can guide & assist you.