Canada Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
Applicants applying for the Canada Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program have to meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must have full-time work experience of at least one year or equivalent part-time work experience. The work experience must be under the Canadian National Occupation Classification (NOC), which categorizes skills as type 0 (managerial occupation), type A (professional occupations) and type B (technical occupations and skilled trades).
- The applicant must demonstrate proficiency in one of Canada’s two official languages i.e. English and/or French.
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of 67 points out a 100 points. According to CIC if your score is higher or equivalent to 67 you can immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker. If your score is lower than 67, you do not qualify to migrate to Canada as a skilled worker but you can opt for any other visa program.
Once the eligibility requirements are met, the applicant is required to demonstrate that he/she has sufficient funds to support him and any dependents after his/her arrival in Canada. In addition to these requirements, the applicant and his/her dependents must undergo medical examination and obtain security clearance.
Express Entry System
Since its launch in January 2015, Canada has welcomed over 43,000 economic immigrants through the Canada Express Entry system. The Express Entry system is a fast-track system for immigration for highly skilled workers and students.
According to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), applicants selected under the Express Entry Program are skilled workers who possess the ability to contribute to the development of Canada’s economy. Applicants with the highest scores and ranking in the Express Entry pool are sent an invitation to apply (ITA) from Canada.
In order to get into the Express Entry pool and be eligible for Canadian Immigration the applicant needs to meet the requirements of one of the following programs:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class.
The CanApprove team has been consistent in delivering reliable immigration for the past 19 years. We guarantee our client’s a hassle-free experience by being there to answer questions and provide solutions every step of the way. For more information on Canada Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program or the Express Entry System, get in touch with our team of qualified immigration consultants today.