Canada Super Visa
Canada Super Visa enables parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada to visit their family and stay in Canada for up to two years without having to renew their status.
Since the launch in 2012, more than 89000 parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have been awarded Canada Super Visa. Out of these, more than 36000 have gone to Indians, followed by Chinese, Pakistanis, Philippines, and Bangladeshis.
Canada Super Visa Eligibility:
To apply, the parent or grandparent must:
- Prove that they are simply visiting the country and will return to their home country at the end of their visit.
- Demonstrate ties to their home country.
- Show the purpose of their visit.
- Show their finances in their home country.
- Provide a letter of invitation from their Canadian child or grandchild living in Canada.
- Provide a letter promising financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada.
- Prove parental relationship to the child or grandchild.
- Provide one of the following documents to prove that their child or grandchild meets income requirements to apply for Canada Super Visa:
- Most recent copy of the notice of assessment or tax returns.
- Most recent copy of the T4 or T1.
- A letter from the child/grandchild’s employer.
- Employment insurance pay-stubs.
- Proof of private medical insurance with a Canadian insurance company valid for a minimum of one year.
- Complete and pass an immigration medical examination for Canada Super Visa
Important Information on Canada Super Visa:
- You can apply for the parent and grandparent super visa online or on paper.
- Depending on individual circumstances, you may be eligible for a multiple-entry visa for up to 10 years.
- Even if you do not need a visitor visa to enter Canada, you can use the Canada super visa to stay in the country for up to two years.
- Parents and grandparents living in countries that require a Temporary Residence Visa (TRV)can obtain the Canada super visa so that they can travel freely between Canada and their country of residence without having to regularly re-apply for a TRV.
Application process for Canada Super Visa:
In most countries, application fees for Canada Super Visa must be paid in Canadian dollars. The families applying must send their applications in one package to the location where the principal applicant will be processed. In the case of Canada Super Visa, how long it will take to process your application depends on the visa office where you applied. You may need to appear for an interview with the visa officer for obtaining Canada Super Visa. Another requirement for Canada Super Visa is a medical exam to enter Canada. The instructions for the same will be sent by a Canadian immigration officer.
Canada Super Visa is different from a visit visa and multiple entry visa. Usually, most visitors come to Canada for a visit of upto six months. If they need to stay longer, they have to extend the visa and pay a new fee. But when it comes to Canada Super Visa, eligible parents and grandparents can stay in Canada without having to renew their status. Canada Super Visa is also different from a 10-year multiple entry visa. While Canada Super Visa allows and individual to stay in Canada for upto two years at a time, the multiple entry visa would only have a status period of six months for each visit.
CanApprove Immigration Services provides a wide range of legal services internationally, including immigration, education and legal consultation.
By delivering comprehensive and up-to-date immigration advice and services to individuals, families and SME business owners worldwide, our Immigration Services are designed to equip our clients with thorough information enabling them to make informed decisions.
We at CanApprove aim to make the complex process of preparing financial papers, authenticating documents, filling applications, obtaining visas, and acquiring work and residence permits as simple, quick and easy as possible for our clients.
For the last 20 years, we have been consistent in delivering reliable immigration and services, guaranteeing our clients a hassle-free experience by being there to answer questions and provide solutions every step of the way.
For more information, get in touch with our team of qualified consultants, skilled advisors, and highly trained instructors.
In the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) draw held on April 8, the province invited 243 immigration candidates to apply…
In the latest Saskatchewan draw held on April 8, the province invited 279 candidates to apply for a provincial nomination.…
Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney has said that Canada needs more immigrants for increasing the country’s population. According to…
Canada has launched a global campaign highlighting the positive impact of immigration on its communities. The campaign named 'It Takes…
In the year 2020, Ontario nominated a total of 15303 candidates including principal applicants and their dependent family members. The…