Australia Skilled Independent Visa/189 Visa
Australia provides a lot of immigration visas to help people from all over to immigrate to Australia and contribute to the economic growth of the country. Like the Australia Skilled Sponsored visa, Australia Skilled Independent visa allows workers except for a slight difference between the two.
What is An Australia Skilled Independent Visa?
Australia Skilled Independent Visa or the 189 Visa is for those skilled individuals who are neither sponsored by the state government or any other family members, allowing the applicant to live & work as a permanent resident in Australia.
Australia Skilled Independent Visa Requirements: –
The applicant should meet the Australia Skilled Independent Visa requirements if he/she wants to migrate under this visa.
- To start off with, the applicant must be in a relevant occupation.
- The applicant should have a suitable skills assessment for the applied occupation.
- The applicant should meet the points test marks (60 points).
- The applicant should be aged not more than 45 at the time of invitation.
- The applicant should have a competent level of English.
- The applicant must meet the health & character requirements. (The applicant should know that the health checks are valid for only one year and he/she has to do it again after a year if the visa process gets delayed),
- The applicant must have no debts to the Australian government. If there exists any, the application should make necessary arrangements to settle it once and for all.
What Can be Done with Australia Skilled Independent Visa?
On obtaining the Australia Skilled Independent Visa, the applicant will be eligible to enjoy the below-mentioned perks:
- The Australia Skilled Independent Visa allows the applicant to gain a PR status which means he/she can stay in Australia as long as they want.
- The applicant can stay & study in the provinces of Australia.
- The applicant can enroll him/herself in the health benefit schemes, the Australian Government offers.
- The applicant can sponsor relatives who are eligible for permanent residence.
- The applicant can also apply to become a citizenship for Australia provided he/she is eligible.
- The applicant can travel in & out of Australia indefinitely for a period of five years.
Other Important Things You Should Know About Australia Skilled Independent Visa: –
- The Australia Skilled Independent Visa application costs around AUD 3,760
- The applicant should submit an Expression of Interest with his/her respective interest & details for the nominated occupation. An Expression of Interest is nothing but a method to show his/her interest for applying a skilled visa to migrate.
- An Expression of Interest is valid for two years & there is no cost charged by the government to submit an EOI.
- If the candidate does not receive an invitation for a period of two years, the applicant’s EOI will naturally expire after which he/she must submit a new EOI.
- He/she should know that they will not receive an invitation on turning 45.
- The applicant can be in or outside of Australia when applying for the process and also when the decision is made. The applicant’s location will not sabotage the visa decision process.
- The processing time of the Australia 189 Visa takes around 6 – 9 months.
- The applicant and his/her family member should comply with the laws of the Australian government.
To know more information about Australia Skilled Independent Visa (189 Visa), get in touch with our team of immigration experts.