Australia Skilled Migration
- The Australian immigration is crafted in a way that it targets migrants who possess outstanding skills and technical abilities which will contribute to the Australian economy and aids in growing the same.
- The immigration to Australia of the skilled people with distinguished skills, expertise in certain fields and attributes to succeed enhances the size and skill level of the Australian labor force.
- Priority is given to those skilled applicants who are sponsored by Australian employers or nominated by a state or territory government under a State Migration Plan.
Types of migration categories
Point Based skilled migration
- This type of immigration is subjected to points test based on skills, attributes and suitability for employers, under which the skilled applicants are elected so that they can contribute to the growth of Australian economy in a swift manner.
Permanent Employer Sponsored Programme
- This programme allows the employers to nominate foreign workers for permanent residence to fill up vacancies in their business.
Business Innovation and Investment Programme
- This programme is created to enhance the inflow of entrepreneurial talents who demonstrate a history of success in business and innovation and can significantly contribute to the national innovation system and diversify business expertise in Australia.
- Immigrants who possess unique talents and who are internationally recognized in fields such as sports, musicians, artists and designers are entitled to apply for this.
Types of Visa
Australia General Skilled Migration program Visa (subclass 189)
- for points-tested skilled workers not sponsored by any employer or family member or nominated by Australian’s state or territory government.
- you can work and live as a permanent resident of Australia under this visa category.
Australia Skilled nominated migration Visa (subclass 190)
- Only for points-tested skilled workers nominated by a state or territory government in Australia refers to the Australia Skilled Migration program.
- Allows you to live and work as a permanent resident in Australia.
Australia Skilled regional provisional visa (Subclass 489)
- Allows skilled workers to work and live in certain specified regions in Australia through Australia skilled migration program for up to four years.
- This visa is also available only through invitation.
**Note: Apply for the extended stay pathway to extend this type of visa. You should apply for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) Renewal (subclass 489) visa in the Australia Skilled Migration program. You are also eligible for this visa if you have a provisional visa in subclass 496, 495, 487 or 475.
Australia Skilled for Subclass 457 Visa (Temporary Visa with Job offer)
- Allows skilled workers to travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsors for and up to four years.
- You are eligible for this visa if you are sponsored by an approved business.
Australia Skilled Employer General 186
- This is a permanent visa for the skilled workers which allows them to work in Australia under one of these streams, the temporary residence transition stream, the direct entry stream and the agreement stream.
Australia Skilled Employer Regional sponsored 187
- A permanent visa for the skilled workers in the Australia Skilled Migration program, which allows working in Australia under one of these streams, the temporary residence transition stream, the direct entry stream and the agreement stream.
Eligibility Criteria for Australian skilled immigration programs
- Must be invited for Australia skilled migration program.
- Must get an invitation to apply for Australia Skilled migration program from the Australian government.
- Must be nominated for an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- Must possess skill assessment certificate from the relevant authority for your nominated occupation for Australia Skilled Migration program.
- Should achieve the score on the points-test that is required on the invitation for Australia Skilled Migration program.
- Must achieve the score for Australia Skilled Migration program on the points-test that is required on the invitation.
- Should have competent level of English.
- Should be below 50 years of age.