Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
Australian Regional Sponsored Migration/187 Visa is one of the migration schemes that comes with a lot of benefits like the other Australian Visas which facilitates the migration of skilled workers. The Subclass 187 Visa is looked upon as a great opportunity by people around the world to migrate to Australia and enjoy the perks the country offers.
What is an Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa?
An Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Visa allows skilled worked to migrate from all over the world and work in Australia. The visa allows the workers to work under any of the following streams:
- The Temporary Residence Transition Stream
- The Direct Entry Stream.
1.The Temporary Residence Transition Stream:-
The applicant could be eligible for this particular stream which comes under Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Visa if the applicant’s employer wishes to sponsor him/her for permanent residence. The applicant might be eligible for this stream if he/she is a holder of a Temporary Skills Shortage visa or a Temporary work Visa. The applicant should have worked for his/her employer for at least three years out of the last four years in the same position that the applicant has nominated for or two years out of the last three years before the applicant makes the nomination.
2.Direct Entry Stream:-
Direct Entry Stream is for those people who are not eligible for Temporary Residence Transition Stream. This stream will be available if the applicant’s employer wants to sponsor him/her for permanent residence though the applicant has not worked briefly in Australia
Eligibilities for Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Visa: –
The applicant should meet the following requirements if he/she wishes to migrate through Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Visa:
- The applicant’s nomination should have been approved by an Australian employer within six months before the candidate applies.
- The applicant should be aged not above 45 at the time of application.
- The applicant should have the required skills & qualifications for the position he/she has nominated themselves for.
- The applicant should have proper language skills when he/she applies for the application.
- And, the applicant should meet health & character requirements.
What Can the Applicant Do with Australia Regional Sponsored Migration Visa: –
- The applicant can live & work permanently in the regions of Australia.
- The applicant can stay in Australia as long as he/she wants (indefinitely).
- The applicant can enroll him/herself in Australian health-related schemes.
- The applicant can apply for Australian citizenship provided he/she is eligible.
- The applicant can also sponsor relatives who are eligible for permanent residence.
- The applicant can travel in and out of Australia for a period of five years after which the applicant should seek a resident return visa.
Other Important Things You Should Know About Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa:-
- The processing time for an Australian Regional Sponsored Migration/187 Visa would take somewhere between 12 – 13 months for TRT Stream & 21 – 23 months for Direct Entry Stream.
- The Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Visa would cost around AUD 3670.
- The applicant should pay health assessment costs or any other mandatory expenses apart from the application process cost.
- The applicant can include his/her partner and child/step-child in the visa application.
- The Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Visa is a permanent residence visa.
To know more information about Australian Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa, get in touch with our team of experts.
Send Us an Enquiry
Demand is high for skilled workers in Australia, shows a recent report released by Deloitte. According to the report titled…
In the latest Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) draw held on September 12, a total of 347 skilled foreign workers…
In the latest Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) draw held on August 28, a total of 294 Express Entry candidates…
Are you planning to migrate to Canada? A new report proves that your decision is a wise one as Canadians…
Canada job market has huge demand for software engineers and it is one of the most in-demand occupations in Canada,…