British Columbia PNP (BC PNP)
The British Columbia PNP in British Columbia’s (BC) Provincial Nominee Program. BC PNP enables Provincial and Territorial governments in Canada to attract immigrants to their region.
If you choose to immigrate to Canada as a provincial nominee you must:
- Apply and complete the provincial nomination process of the Province or Territory you wish to settle in.
- Each province and territory has its own immigration program with varying requirements, except for Quebec, which has a different system from Canada altogether.
- Demonstrate the skillset and ability to contribute to the economy of the province/territory you are applying to.
- Receive a Provincial Nomination Certificate from the province/territory.
After you receive the Provincial Nomination Certificate, you must:
- Send an application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for Permanent Residence.
- A CIC officer will assess your application based on the Canadian Immigration requirements. These applications will not be assessed based on the six selection factors of the Federal Skilled Workers Program.
All applicants must:
- Complete and pass a medical examination.
- Have security clearance.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to support himself/herself and his/her dependents after arriving in Canada.
BC PNP has four immigration streams:
The skilled immigration stream has five categories:
The Skilled Worker Category is for individuals who:
- Have received an eligible job offer in a skilled occupation.
- Have several years of experience in their skilled occupation.
The Health Care Professional Category is for individuals who:
- Have experience as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses or allied health professionals.
- Have an eligible job offer for the position of a physician, nurse, psychiatric nurse, allied health professional or for one of 11 qualifying health occupations.
The International Graduate Category is for individuals who:
- Have graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college in the last three years.
- Have a job offer from an employer in British Columbia.
The International Post-Graduate Categor is for graduates who:
- Have a Masters or Doctorate degree from an eligible educational institution in British Columbia in the natural, applied, or health sciences programs of study.
- No job offer is required to apply under this category.
The Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category is for workers who:
- Are working in certain entry-level or semi-skilled positions in
- Food processing
- Long-haul trucking
- Are living and working in entry-level or semi-skilled positions in the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia.
In order to apply for the Express Entry stream, the applicant must to eligible to enter the Federal Express Entry pool.
- In order to get into the Express Entry pool, the applicant needs to meet the requirements of one of these programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, or the Canadian Experience Class.
In order to apply for the Express Entry Stream through the BC PNP, the applicant must be in one of the following categories:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
The Entreprenuer Immigration stream is for individuals who intend to settle and invest in British Columbia. This stream has two categories:
The Entrepreneur Category is for senior managers or business owners who:
- intend to invest funds into a proposed business in British Columbia.
The Strategic Projects Category is for foreign controlled companies who want to set up an operation in British Columbia. This catergory allows these companies to nominate up to five managerial, professional or technical staff members.
Due to the high demand for talent in the technology sector, the province of BC launched the Immigration Tech Pilot as part of the British Columbia PNP, intending to attract more workers and graduates to the province. Applicants require a full-time, intermediate job offer from an eligible employer in BC.
We at CanApprove aim to make the complex process of preparing financial papers, authenticating documents, filling applications, obtaining visas, and acquiring work and residence permits as simple, quick and easy as possible for our clients. We provide assistance to immigrants and students with pre-travel, travel and post-arrival needs including but not limited to acquiring a health card, social insurance card, ID card, and driver’s license, as well as finding accommodation.
For more information on BC PNP, get in touch with our team of qualified immigration consultants and skilled advisors.
The High Commission of Canada in India has informed that the Visa Application Centers (VACs) in Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Mumbai, Ahmedabad…
In the latest Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) draw held on November 19, a total of 551 candidates under Express…
In the largest draw of the history of the Express Entry system of Canada held on November 18, a total…
Over the past few years, the number of people who immigrate to Canada from India has increased significantly. In 2019,…
Australia needs skilled immigration to power the country's economic recovery after the coronavirus pandemic, said Reserve Bank of Australia governor,…