Canada Business Visa
Attracting thousands of short-term business visitors each year, Canada Business Visa aims to ensure that international business visitors can come to Canada on business trips.
Why is Canada Business Visa important?
Since mid-2016, Canada’s economy has grown at an annual rate of 4.3 percent. Based on data from the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, according to Business Insider, Canada ranks 20th out of the top 25 richest countries in the world with a GDP per capita of $45,981. It makes Canada a desirable destination for business visitors. With Canada Business Visa, one can explore the vast business opportunities offered by the country.
How to determine eligibility for Canada Business Visa
A person is eligible for Canada Business Visa if he/she comes to Canada to:
- Attend business meetings, conferences, conventions, fairs, etc.
- Buy Canadian goods or services on behalf of a foreign entity.
- Take orders for goods or services.
- Provide after-sales service, excluding hands-on work in the construction trades.
- To be trained by a Canadian parent company for work outside of Canada.
- To train employees of a Canadian subsidiary of a foreign company.
Requirements to Qualify:
You can apply for a Canada Business Visa if you meet the below mentioned Canada Business Visa eligibility:
- You plan to visit Canada temporarily to look for new business opportunities.
- You want to invest in or to enhance existing business relationships.
- You intend to stay for less than six months.
- You do not plan to enter the Canadian labour market.
- Your main place of business and source of income is located outside Canada.
- The profits from your business will accrue outside Canada.
- Basic entry requirements for Canada Business Visa eligibility:
- You have a valid passport.
- You have enough money for your stay and to return home.
- You plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- You do not pose criminal, security or health risks to Canadians.
When you come to Canada, you must have the following documents in your possession:
- A passport or travel document that is valid.
- Some Canada Business Visa applicants may need a valid temporary resident visa.
- if you are a Canada Business Visa holder who needs an eTA, you must travel using the same passport you used in your application.
- letters of support from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host business or a Letter of Recognition from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
- warranty or service agreements, contracts, etc. if relevant to the visit.
- 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada.
- proof that, as a Canada Business Visa holder, you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and your return home.
Following are the factors that disqualify you from possessing a Canada Business Visa:
- You will not get Canada Business Visa, if you are from a a non-Canadian company with which a Canadian employer has a direct contract; the foreign company requires a work permit.
- A Canadian company has a contract with a Foreign Service provider or individual. In this case, the Foreign Service provider or individual is receiving payment from a Canadian source therefore they/he/she do not qualify for Canada Business Visa.
- You will not get a Canada Business Visa if you intend to enter the Canadian labour market for which you will need a Temporary Work Permit.
CanApprove Immigration Services provides a wide range of legal services internationally, including immigration, education and legal consultation.
By delivering comprehensive and up-to-date immigration advice and services to individuals, families and SME business owners worldwide, our Immigration Services are designed to equip our clients with thorough information enabling them to make informed decisions. We at CanApprove aim to make the complex process of preparing financial papers, authenticating documents, filling applications, obtaining visas, and acquiring work and residence permits as simple, quick and easy as possible for our clients.
For the last 20 years, our teams of qualified consultants, skilled advisors and highly trained instructors have been consistent in delivering reliable immigration and education services. At CanApprove, our mission is to guarantee our clients a hassle-free experience by being there to answer questions and provide solutions every step of the way.
To know more about Canada Business Visa, get in touch with our experts!
Send Us an Enquiry
In the latest Express Entry draw held on August 20, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited 3600 candidates…
In the Human Capital Priorities Stream draw held on August 15, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) invited 997 Express Entry…
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB), in a media release, has urged the Canadian government to address the labour…
In the two Saskatchewan Expression of Interest draws held on August 15, a total of 150 candidates were invited to…
Prince Edward Island invited 143 candidates belonging to the Express Entry, Labour Impact and Business Impact categories of Prince Edward…