Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
What Is Canadian Experience Class?
Among the several Canadian immigration programs that Canada offers, the Canadian Experience class program is one which should be definitely considered. This Canadian Immigration program is looked upon as an excellent opportunity for temporary foreign national workers who are already working in Canada to become permanent residents of Canada.
Why Apply for Canadian Experience Class?
Canada is a place where several foreign nation people live & work together. Among the lot, there are people who wish to become permanent residents of Canada for several reasons. The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) serves as an ideal immigration category for Canada’s temporary foreign workers & international graduates who wish to become permanent residents.
Who Can Apply for Canadian Experience Class?
Not every individual living in Canada can apply for Canadian Experience Class program. Only a person who lives in Canada and meets the following requirements & criteria can apply for Canadian Experience Class Program: The person who applies for Canadian Experience Class must have at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada within three years of the application date.
- The person who applies for Canadian Experience Class must have at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada within three years of the application date.
- The work experience in Canada should be done with proper authorization.
- Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) has clearly stated & segregated what skilled work means. Skilled work experience means Managerial jobs, Professional jobs, and Technical jobs/skilled trade.
- The work experience should be a minimum 12 months of full-time work (30 hours of paid work per week or more) or it can also be an equal amount in part-time hours.
- The work experience gained when the candidate was a full-time student will not be taken into consideration.
- The applicant should meet or exceed the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) or required language levels which is needed for the job.
- The applicant should take a language test approved by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), which would help in demonstrating the applicant’s proficiency in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English and/or French.
- The applicant should be willing to live & work outside of the province of Quebec.
- Though Education is not a requirement for the Canadian Experience Class, if the applicant wants to earn points for education in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) under Express Entry, he/she should provide:
- A Canadian High School or Post-Secondary certificate, diploma or degree.
- A completed foreign credential along with an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC.
Further to this, the applicant must go through medical examination and obtain a security clearance. The Canada Experience Class Processing time takes somewhere around 6 months.
Express Entry System
The Express Entry system was launched on the 1st of January 2015 hoping to increase the number of immigrants to Canada. Since its launch, the Canadian government has welcomed several economic immigrants through the Express Entry system. The Express Entry system is a fast-track system for immigration which suits best for highly skilled workers & students who wish to immigrate to Canada.
Express Entry Program selects applicants set by the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) guidelines. According to IRCC, applicants who have the skills and the ability to contribute to the growth of the Canadian economy are selected. Applicants who have high scores and ranking within the pool are directly sent an invitation to apply (ITA) from Canada. On receiving the application, the applicant should go through the standard procedures in order to immigrate to Canada through Canadian Experience Class Program.
In order to be a part of the Express Entry pool and be an eligible candidate for Canadian Immigration, he/she must meet the requirements of any one of the following Canadian Immigration programs.
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class.
Guaranteeing our clients, a smooth & best in field experience is our prime motto. We are one of the best immigration services consultant because we are consistent and we have provided reliable immigration services an infinite number of times.
For more information & queries on the Canadian Experience Class and other Canadian Immigration Programs, get in touch with our team of qualified consultants, skilled advisors and highly trained instructors who would stand beside & guide you through every single step.
In the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) draw held on April 8, the province invited 243 immigration candidates to apply…
In the latest Saskatchewan draw held on April 8, the province invited 279 candidates to apply for a provincial nomination.…
Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney has said that Canada needs more immigrants for increasing the country’s population. According to…
Canada has launched a global campaign highlighting the positive impact of immigration on its communities. The campaign named 'It Takes…
In the year 2020, Ontario nominated a total of 15303 candidates including principal applicants and their dependent family members. The…