The Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is meant for international students with a job offer from an Ontario employer. To qualify under the stream, the job offer must be in a skilled occupation classified under Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). International students living inside Canada and outside can apply for provincial nomination under the stream.
To be eligible under the stream, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Job offer requirements
- Applicant requirements
- Employer requirements
Job offer requirements
To be eligible to apply for provincial nomination under the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream, the candidate must have a job offer from an Ontario employer. The job offer must be:
- For a full-time, permanent position
- For a skilled occupation classified under Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC).
- The pay offered for the job must be equal to or higher than the low wage level specified for that particular occupation in the specific region of Ontario where the candidate will be working
- The position offered to the candidate must align with the existing business activities of the employer. The position must be necessary for the ongoing business activity.
- The location of the job offered must primarily be Ontario.
- The candidate must have a degree or diploma obtained from an eligible Canadian institution. This degree or diploma must have a minimum duration of two years, if it is full-time course. A degree, diploma or certificate course of a duration of one year will also be considered if it is a full-time course and requires a completed degree to get admission.
- If the job offered requires a license or other authorization, the candidate must have them at the time of application.
- The candidate must intend to settle in Ontario once they receive permanent residence status in Canada. The OINP officials determine the candidate’s intention to reside in Ontario by examining the following:
- Work experience or current employment in Ontario
- Job offer from Ontario employer or applying to or interviewing for jobs in Ontario.
- Studying in Ontario
- Leasing or owning property in the province
- Visiting the province
- Professional networks and affiliations, family ties and personal relationships in the province.
- If the candidate is applying from Canada, they must be legally residing in Canada at the time of application. The legal status can be demonstrated with a visitor record, study permit or work permit. The legal status must be maintained till the candidate receives nomination.
- The candidate must submit the application within two years after receiving the degree, diploma or certificate.
- The business must be active for at least three years prior to submitting the application. The location of the job offered to the candidate must be Ontario. The employer must comply with the provincial laws regarding employment and labour relations.
- The employer’s business must have minimum total gross annual revenue of $1,000,000, if the work location is in Greater Toronto Area. If the work location is outside the Greater Toronto Area, the minimum total gross annual revenue is $500,000.
- If the candidate’s job location is in the Greater Toronto Area, the employer must have at least five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. If the job location is outside the Greater Toronto Area, the candidate must have at least three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
The candidate, upon successfully submitting the application, would receive a Nomination Approval Letter and an OINP certificate of nomination. Within six months, they can apply for permanent residence in Canada with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Provincial Nominee Programs open up vast opportunities for qualified immigrants to start a new life in Canada. Choose the right immigration pathway for you with the help of experienced immigration lawyers and consultants to ensure maximum success for your immigration application. Contact us for more information