Quebec Family Sponsorship
The second most populated province in Canada has a wide range of Immigration programs to choose from among which one particular program facilitates the migration of the individual’s family. Quebec is known for its diverse culture, the welcoming society, its cuisine which makes it an ideal place for families to migrate and settle.
What is A Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa?
Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa allows the individual to sponsor his/her family members which include spouse, children, parents, grandparents, a child that is to be adopted etc., Here are three important steps to follow to sponsor a close relative and the information to understand this process. The person being sponsored must also complete certain procedures:
- Submit a sponsorship application to the Government of Canada (more specifically to Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada – IRCC).
- Submit an undertaking application to the Government of Quebec.
- Ask the respective person he/she is sponsoring to complete procedures like applying for a Quebec Selection Certificate and permanent residence.
Requirements to be Met Under Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa: –
The applicant should meet the following requirements if he/she wishes to sponsor a family member under the Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa:
- The applicant must be a citizen of Canada or at least be a permanent resident visa holder.
- The applicant must be aged not less than 18 years.
- The applicant must be living in Quebec.
- The applicant must show his/her financial resources for the past 12 months. (except for sponsoring spouse and children)
- The applicant should be able to prove that he/she has sufficient income to facilitate their spouse/child with basic needs.
Quebec Spouse Sponsorship Visa: –
In order for the applicant to sponsor his/her spouse, the spouse should have met the following Quebec Spouse Sponsorship Visa requirements:
- The spouse should not be in another relation (either married to or living together) with another person during the time of the marriage or living apart from the applicant.
Quebec Dependant Child Sponsorship: –
The applicant will be able to sponsor a dependent child only if the child meets the below-mentioned conditions:
- The applicant sponsoring child should not have been married.
- The child should not above 19 years and should still be financially dependent on the sponsoring applicant.
- Children above 19 years of age can be added as a dependent child provided the child is not able to take care of himself/herself financially due to physical/mental disability.
Other Important Information You Should Know About Quebec & Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa:-
- The applicant can sponsor a close relative provided the applicant is a citizen of Canada or a permanent resident visa holder.
- The applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- If the applicant is a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, then he/she must prove that they intend to live in Canada. The applicant will not be able to sponsor any family members if they are permanent resident holder living outside Canada.
- The Quebec province is comprised of 17 regions from which the applicant has to choose his housing area by looking into all the possibilities because the cost of living depends on where the applicant lives.
- The applicant’s health is taken care of by the Health Insurance Plan under the Quebec Government.
- Quebec is a land of festivals and it attracts hundreds & thousands of visitors from all parts of the world every year and not to mention, Quebec also is a house to a number of museums, exhibition centers & art galleries.
- Quebec is an ideal place for the sports enthusiast. Quebec has an approximate of 90 ski hills, bicycle paths, hiking trails and more.
- The applicant can enroll himself in a number of free courses to study French. Financial aid is provided to the applicant under certain conditions.
To know more about Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa, Quebec Spouse Sponsorship Visa & more, get in touch with our team of immigration experts. You can also check your eligibility for free by contacting us.
In the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) draw held on March 18, a total of 136 Express Entry stream candidates…
In the Australia SkillSelect round held in March 2020, a total of 2050 candidates received invitations to submit visa application.…
In the first quarter of 2020, Canada Express Entry issued more number of invitations than in the first quarters of…
As the entire world is battling an unprecedented and enormous crisis called the COVID-19 outbreak, Canada immigration system remains operational.…
Owing to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Canada immigration scenario has been witnessing a few important changes in the past…