Temporary Foreign Workers
What is Quebec temporary foreign worker-PEQ?
- Individuals who have either worked in Quebec or have studied in Quebec are eligible to apply under the Quebec Experience Class Program.
- This program is also intended for a Quebec temporary foreign worker who holds a skilled job and meet certain conditions, such as demonstrating advanced intermediate knowledge of spoken French. Quebec job opportunities for foreigners are vast and quebec work permit requirements are uncomplicated.
- Quebec temporary foreign worker program does not require a selection grid or interview procedure and does not consider the spouse’s or de facto spouse’s characteristics. You are entitled to apply for CSQ if you hold a post-graduation work permit.
Eligibility Criteria for Quebec temporary foreign worker-PEQ
- Must intend to settle down in Quebec
- Should have worked in Quebec with a primary goal of working.
- Must have worked as a skilled temporary foreign worker legally or under a youth exchange program.
- Must have taken up a full-time job at a managerial or professional level for a period of 1-2 years.
- The selected occupation/job must be under the National Occupational Classification for levels O, A or B.
- Must demonstrate intermediate knowledge of oral French.
- Must be financially self-sufficient and undertake to provide support to oneself and where applicable, those of your spouse or de facto spouse and dependent children included in your application for CSQ for a minimum period of 3 months.
When to apply for Quebec temporary foreign worker-PEQ
- A skilled temporary worker residing in Quebec, must wait until you complete at least 12 months of full time employment before submitting your application for CSQ.
- Employment natures opted by skilled temporary foreign worker must be at a managerial, professional or technical level and the occupation must be from the National occupation list.
- Make sure that your 12 months of work must have been completed over 24 months preceding your application.
- In addition to these, you must hold a paid job while applying for PEQ.
Job Eligibility criteria under Quebec temporary foreign worker-PEQ
What kind of jobs are in quebec and what are it requirements, find below:
- A full time skilled jobs practiced legally (minimum 30 hours of work)
- The job must be at the managerial, professional or technical level (levels 0, A or B, under the National Occupational Classification).
- No part-time work experience is considered when applying under PEQ for temporary foreign worker program.
- Self-employed/ business owners are also not considered under PEQ
- You must demonstrate an advanced intermediate level of oral French language to apply for PEQ under temporary foreign worker category.
- If you intend to apply for skilled temporary foreign worker program then you must submit an attested results of French test or diploma recognized by the ministry with a level of 7 in oral production.
Other Essential Information
If you hold an eligible Québec diploma, you can also submit your application under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise – Québec Graduate, if the selection conditions are more advantageous for you.
Want to know more on PEQ? Contact the team of expert consultants at CanApprove and be benefitted!
The Australian Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business has recently released the Traffic Light Bulletin that indicates the…
The Australia occupation ceiling 2019-2020, which lists the ceilings for each of the occupations in the Skilled Occupation List Australia,…
A report by Randstad Canada has revealed that Developers and Programmers and IT Project Manager will be two of the…
In the first OINP Tech Draw of 2020 conducted on January 15, Ontario invited 954 Express Entry candidates to apply…
Statistics Canada's latest Labour Force Survey has revealed that Ontario and Quebec, two of the richest provinces in Canada, recorded…