The Saskatchewan PNP is Saskatchewan’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) which enables applicants who are interested in Saskatchewan Immigration and have the skills and experience required by the province, to receive a Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Certificate that expedites the Canadian Immigration and Permanent Residency process.
Canada’s PNP schemes including Saskatchewan PNP enable Provincial and Territorial governments in Canada to attract immigrants to their region.
If you choose to immigrate to Canada as a provincial nominee you must:
- Apply and complete the provincial nomination process of the Province or Territory you wish to settle in.
- Each province and territory has its own provincial nomination process with varying requirements, except for Quebec, which has a different system from Canada altogether.
- Demonstrate the skillset and ability to contribute to the economy of the province/territory you are applying to.
- Receive a Provincial Nomination Certificate from the province/territory after completing its provincial nomination process.
After you receive the Provincial Nomination Certificate, you must:
- Send an application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for Permanent Residence.
- A CIC officer will assess your application based on the Canadian Immigration requirements. These applications will not be assessed based on the six selection factors of the Federal Skilled Workers Program.
All applicants under Saskatchewan PNP must:
- Complete and pass a medical examination.
- Have security clearance.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to support himself/herself and his/her dependents after arriving in Canada.
The Saskatchewan PNP has three streams:
- Saskatchewan PNP: International Skilled Worker
This category is for skilled workers who plan to live and work in Saskatchewan. The applicants are measured on a points-based system.
The International Skilled Worker stream has three categories:
The Employment Offer category is for skilled workers who:
Have a job offer from a Saskatchewan employer.
The Occupations In-Demand category is for highly skilled workers who:
- Have experience in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan
- Do not yet have a job offer in the province.
The Express Entry Category is for individuals who:
- Have skilled work experience in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan.
- Are in the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry Pool.
- In order to get into the Express Entry pool, the applicant needs to meet the requirements of one of these programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, or the Canadian Experience Class.
Saskatchewan PNP: Experience Stream
This stream is for foreign workers that are currently living in Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan Experience stream has five categories:
The Existing Work Permit category is for individuals who:
- Have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months under a valid work permit.
The Health Professionals category is for individuals who:
- Have worked as a physician, nurse or in another health professional in Saskatchewan for at least six months.
The Hospitality Sector Project category is for individuals who:
- Are currently working in Saskatchewan as food and beverage servers, food counter attendants, kitchen helpers, or housekeeping and cleaning staff for at least six months.
The employer must receive approval from the Province of Saskatchewan before the applicant begins work in Canada.
The Long Haul Truck Driver Project category is for individuals who:
- Are currently working for an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan.
- Have been working in Saskatchewan for their current employer for a minimum of six months before applying.
The Students category is for students who:
- Have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.
- Have worked in Saskatchewan for at least twenty-four months before applying, or for six months if the educational institution is in Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan PNP: Entrepreneur and Farm Stream:
The Entrepreneur and Farm Stream is divided into two categories:
1. The Entrepreneur Category is for individuals who:
- Want to invest management talent and capital in Saskatchewan
- Want to establish, acquire or become a partner in a business in the province.
- Take on an active management role in the business.
2. The Farm Owners and Operators Category is for experienced farmers who:
- Have the funds to invest a farming operation
- Have the funds to settle in the province of Saskatchewan
- Genuinely intend to settle in the province
Saskatchewan Immigration In-Demand Occupations:
The following occupations are in demand to be considered highly skilled by the Saskatchewan PNP:
- University Professors (NOC 4121, skill level A)
- Business Development Officers / Marketing Researchers / Consultants (NOC 4163, skill level A)
- Information Systems Analysts / Consultants (NOC 2171, skill level A)
- Civil Engineers (NOC 2131, skill level A)
- Mathematicians / Statisticians / Consultants (NOC 2161, skill level A)
- Computer Programmers / Interactive Media Developers (NOC 2174, skill level A)
- Financial Auditors / Accountants (NOC 1111, skill level A)
- Electrical / Electronics Engineers (NOC 2133, skill level A)
- Mechanical Engineers (NOC 2132, skill level A)
- Technical Sales Specialists or Wholesale Trade (NOC 6221, skill level A)
- Software Engineers / Designers (NOC 2173, skill level A)
- Oil and Gas Drillers / Servicers / Testers or related workers (NOC 8232, skill level B)
- Carpenters (NOC 7271, skill level B)
- Steamfitters / Pipefitters / Sprinkler System Installers (NOC 7252, skill level B)
- Roofers / Shinglers (NOC 7291, skill level B)
- Industrial Electricians (NOC 7242, skill level B)
- Plumbers (NOC 7251, skill level B)
- Bricklayers (NOC 7281, skill level B)
- Electricians, excluding industrial and power system professionals (NOC 7241, skill level B)
- Concrete Finishers (NOC 7282, skill level B)
- Supervisors / Motor Transport and other Ground Transit Operators (NOC 7222, skill level B)
- Computer Network Technicians (NOC 2281, skill level B)
- Chemical Technologists / Technicians (NOC 2211, skill level B)
- Construction Estimators (NOC 2234, skill level B)
- Plasterers / Drywall Installers / Finishers / Lathers (NOC 7284, skill level B)
- User Support Technicians (NOC 2282, skill level B)
- Agricultural Service Contractors / Farm Supervisors / Specialized Livestock Workers (NOC 8252, skill level B)
- Painters / Decorators (NOC 7294, skill level B)
- Refrigeration / Air Conditioning Mechanics (NOC 7313, skill level B)
- Machinists / Machining / Tooling inspectors (NOC 7231, skill level B)
- Biological Technologists / Technicians (NOC 2221, skill level B)
- Sheet Metal Workers (NOC 7233, skill level B)
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technologists / Technicians (NOC 2241, skill level B)
- Glaziers (NOC 7292, skill level B)
- Electronic Service Technicians of business or household equipment (NOC 2242, skill level B)
- Tool or Die Makers (NOC 7232, skill level B)
- Machine Fitters (NOC 7316, skill level B)
- Inspectors of Agricultural and Fish Products (NOC 2222, skill level B)
- Contractors / Supervisors / Heavy Construction Equipment Crews (NOC 7217, skill level B)
- Supervisors, Food / Beverage / Tobacco Processing (NOC 9213, skill level B)
- Contractors / Supervisors / Heavy Equipment Operator Crews (NOC 7302, skill level B)
- Insulators (NOC 7293, skill level B)
- Drafting Technologists / Technicians (NOC 2253, skill level B)
- Tilesetters (NOC 7283, skill level B)
- Welders / Related Machine Operators (NOC 7237, skill level B)
- Contractors / Supervisors and other construction trades, installers, repairers, and servicers (NOC 7219, skill level B)
- Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanics (NOC 7312, skill level B)
- Construction Millwrights / Industrial Mechanics, excluding textile (NOC 7311, skill level B)
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairers (NOC 7322, skill level B)
- Structural Metal / Plate work Fabricators or Fitters (NOC 7235, skill level B)
- Automotive Service Technicians / Truck and Bus Mechanics / Mechanical Repairers (NOC 7321, skill level B)
- Land Survey Technologists / Technicians (NOC 2254, skill level B)
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists / Technicians (NOC 2232, skill level B)
- Systems Testing Technicians (NOC 2283, skill level B)
- Supervisors, Petroleum / Gas / Chemical Processing / Utilities (NOC 9212, skill level B
- Floor Covering Installers (NOC 7295, skill level B)
- Supervisors, Motor Transport (NOC 7305, skill level B)
- Contractors and Supervisors, carpentry trades (NOC 7215, skill level B)
- Telecommunications Installation / Repair Workers (NOC 7246, skill level B)
- Construction Managers (NOC 0711, skill level 0)
The CanApprove team has been consistent in delivering reliable immigration and legal services for the past 20 years. We guarantee our clients a hassle-free experience by being there to answer questions and provide solutions every step of the way. For more information on Saskatchewan immigration and Saskatchewan PNP, get in touch with our team of qualified consultants, skilled advisors and highly trained instructors.