Scholarships in Germany
A nation whose economy is impeccable and has a lot of industrial opportunities will always be the popular destination for academic aspirants. The country has become the first choice as the international education destination due to the presence of esteemed universities which offer high-quality education and training on various fields of knowledge including Medical Science, Computer and Information Technology, Physics, Arts, Social Sciences, Literature et al. In Germany you can select either English or German as its medium. Moreover, there is an availability of a lengthy list of Scholarships in Germany that allows international students to study in Germany for almost free.
Basically, the scholarships in Germany are distributed under three main bodies. They are:
- Government-funded scholarships
- Non-government scholarships for international students
- Scholarships offered by German universities
Government funded scholarships in Germany
DAAD Scholarships – A joint association of Germany’s higher education institutions offers DAAD Scholarships in Germany. German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD offers vast funding opportunities and scholarships in Germany for international students. Foreign students are offered many scholarships in Germany and DAAD Scholarships in Germany aims for promoting international academic relations. Specific degree level has corresponding DAAD Scholarships in Germany.
Erasmus – Mundus – This scholarships in Germany offer international students with many benefits if they plan to start their study any part of Europe. The Erasmus-Mundus scholarships in Germany is led by the European Commission and is one of the biggest providers of European Union scholarships.
Non-government scholarships in Germany for international students
Many numbers of religious foundations and political organization contribute to copious scholarships in Germany. Here we outline such scholarships in Germany which aid overseas students from various backgrounds, specific degree programs, interests and educational qualifications.
- Alfred Töpfer Foundation
- Einstein International Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Heinrich Böll Scholarships for International Students
- Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Scholarships
- Kurt Hansen Science scholarships in Germany
- Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowships for the Developing Countries, “IIF”
- Mawista scholarships in Germany
- Deutschland Stipendium
- The Helmholtz Association
University-specific scholarships in Germany
The third type of scholarships in Germany, apart from the above-listed number of scholarships in Germany supported by the governmental and non-government organizations, there are many universities that also grant scholarships in Germany for their international students.
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans
- Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme for International Researchers
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Masters scholarships in Germany
- HHL International – MSc Scholarship for an Effective and a Responsible Leadership
- Humboldt University International Research Fellowships
- International Doctoral Positions, Graduate School of East & the Southeast European Studies.
- International Ph.D. Fellowships, from Max Planck Research School, given for Ultrafast Imaging & Structural Dynamics
- Kofi Annan MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Students or the KAAD Scholarships for the Developing Countries of the world
- Ulm University Scholarships for International Students
- Universität Hamburg Merit scholarships in Germany
- RWTH Aachen University Scholarship
Tuition Free Colleges and Universities in Germany
In addition to attractive scholarships in Germany, the German government is keen on providing Tuition-free Colleges for international and local students. Many Universities are also involved in giving up tuition fees for asserting reasonable education for all.
As per the law, from October 2014 onwards all German Universities doesn’t charge any tuition fees for degree programs like undergraduate studies. Except in some Federal States, certain German Universities will charge a semester fee of about 50 Euros and sometimes fetches administration fees around 50 Euros. But the interesting part is that this tuition fee structure which is existing in these limited universities can change in the near future.
An example to say, from the winter semester 2017-18, the federal state of Baden-Württemberg has charged the tuition fees of €1,500 per sem from non-European Union citizens undergoing various levels of qualifications like undergraduate programs, postgraduate programs, Diploma, and other state examination degree programs.
In Germany, unlike undergraduate programs, Most of the Master’s programs or Ph.D. studies in Germany are fee-based coaching. Apart from paying the enrollment and confirmation fees, students must find their costs for postgraduate studies. Fortunately, in Germany, there is a big list of scholarships for Masters Programmes and Ph.D. studies.
Send Us an Enquiry
The Canada government is working with the universities and colleges in the country to attract…
As per the new service standard introduced by Canada immigration authorities, candidates who have applied…
Studying abroad has become the most preferred option for students from India who look forward…
New Zealand has come up with its first ever Excellence Awards Undergraduate Scholarship package for…
Recently announced, United Kingdom has come up with a new education strategy which proves to…