The Engineering Labour Market in Canada: Projections to 2025 report released by Engineers Canada, shows Canada is facing a short supply of engineers to replace retiring engineers. It also highlights that more than 100,000 engineer jobs will need to be filled in Canada by 2025.
With the growing demand for engineers in Canada, here is a quick guide on Career for Engineers in Canada.
Classification of Engineer jobs in Canada
A successful career for Engineers in Canada begin with finding a job that fits under the following National Occupation Code classification.
|NOC Code||Occupation Title|
|2133||Electrical and Electronics Engineers|
|2141||Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers|
|2173||Software Engineers and Designers|
Take this free assessment to know the best chance of your immigration to Canada.
Selection factors to migrate as an Engineer to Canada
Migration for any professional to Canada will require the candidate to come good on these six basic selection factors-
- Skill Language: You must take a few approved language tests like IELTS, etc. to prove your English or French skills.
- Education: Must possess a university degree for most engineering-based jobs in Canada.
- Experience: Additional preference in terms of immigration points is given for candidates with adequate work experience in a relevant field.
- Age: Canada prefers the immigration of young & dynamic candidates. Professionals aged between 18-40 years are most-welcomed in Canada.
- Job offer: You may get additional points if you already have a job offer before migration.
- Adaptability: This is applicable if you are migrating with your spouse to Canada. You may get additional points of your spouse has adequate skills.
How to migrate as an Engineer to Canada?
Canada Provincial Nominee Programs & Canada Express Entry system offers an excellent pathway for the migration of Engineers to Canada. One can get an easy opportunity to apply for permanent residence in Canada under such immigration programs.
A great opportunity for Engineers to migrate to Canada under various immigration programs offered by several Canadian Provinces.
|Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Prince Edward Island|
The federal Express Entry system is a fast-track economic immigration pathway to Canada. It consists of federal programs like the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canadian Experience Class, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
Average hourly wage of Engineers in Canada
Various categories of Engineers in Canada from various regions earned an average yearly wage of CA $78,714. The region-wise average yearly wage is as tabulated below.
|British Columbia||CA $72,500|
|Nova Scotia||CA $61,542|
|New Brunswick||CA $66,404|
|Northwest Territories||CA $102.200|
Engineers in Canada follow directly under the skilled worker category. Express Entry profile is exclusively for such skilled workers looking to quickly migrate to Canada. Your Express Entry profile is scored and ranked on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) which includes core human capital factors like Age, Educational qualification, Work Experience, Language Proficiency in English or French and other factors like spouse abilities, etc.
If you are lucky enough to be nominated by the province, then your CRS scoring is done out of 1200. You get an additional 600 points for a successful provincial nomination that effectively guarantees a permanent residence in Canada. Contact CanApprove for further details on immigration to Canada.